Sunday, October 27, 2013

Moroccan Roast Vegetable Salad

My friend and I recently tried some salads from a 'fast food salad' shop in one of the food courts at Highpoint.

Oh My!

The two salads that I had for lunch were soooo yummy. I had the Moroccan Roast Vegetable Salad as well as the Pumpkin, Feta and Beetroot Salad.  As soon as When I got home I googled it and found a few different versions of salads with the same name - so I decided to make up my own version and with the hope that it will be as tasty as the one at that I had for lunch.




1 zucchini
1 red capsicum
1 red onion
1 medium sweet potato
1/2 butternut pumpkin
1 parsnip
4 carrots
2 400g cans chick peas (drained and rinsed)

Dressing:
2 tbs Tahini
1 tbs lemon juice
4 tbsp natural yoghurt
1 tsp cumin


Roast Capsicum and Zucchini:
To roast the red capsicum I followed this recipe (as I hadn't roasted either before). Capsicum smells divine after it's roasted and I was sooo tempted to just eat all the capsicum and not put it in the salad at all. Roast zucchini recipe here (but I didn't use the garlic).


Cut other vegetables into bite size chunks and roast at 180.  I like to put a big bit of butter on the vegies when they've got about 15 mins to go and stir it through. Turn up the heat to 220 for the last 5 to 10 mins to get the crispy, yummy caramelised burnt bits. I roasted the red onion (I chopped it up first) for about 15 mins, but you could leave it uncooked.

Dressing:
Mix tahini, lemon juice, cumin and yoghurt together.

Add all vegies to a big salad bowl and add dressing. I only used one can of chickpeas, but next time I'll use two cans and perhaps put some garlic in the dressing too.


It didn't taste like the one I had, but it is still really yummy - I just have to try to wait till it's tea time to eat it.

And now I've joined the ranks of those who blog recipes - bahahahaha

Off I go to do the dishes, and I will try not to eat any more of the salad....

No comments:

Post a Comment